Advisors to Governor
Full Name: Avva Padmanabha Venkata Narayana Sarma (easier to write / address as A.P.V.N.Sarma!)Born on 20 Oct 1949 at Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh had early schooling at Avanigadda, Vijayawada, Machilipatnam and Gudivada. Did Bachelor of Engineering from Regional Engineering College, Warangal in 1965-70. Joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1974 and served in various capacities in Andhra Pradesh and in Government of India. Some assignments of interest:
Was Collector and District Magistrate in Nalgonda, Guntur and Warangal districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Was Member Secretary Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board.
Was Secretary to Government of Andhra Pradesh in General Administration (Political) Department and in Health, Medical and Family Welfare Departments in A.P.
Was Chairman and Managing Director, Singareni Collieries Company Limited.
Was Joint Secretary, Ministry of Coal, Government of India.
Was Special Chief Secretary, Department of Social Welfare, Government of A.P.
Was Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Shipping and retired in that job on 31st October, 2009.Address and contact details: A.P.V.N.Sarma, I.A.S.(Retd.),
Plot No.303-L, Road No.25, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500033.Phone: +91-897 846 9355 (mob), +91-40-2354 1956 (landline)
AJIT KUMAR MOHANTY
1. NAME : AJIT KUMAR MOHANTY
2. DATE OF BIRTH : 12-03-1950
3. QUALIFICATION : M.A.,(APPLIED ECONOMICS), MASTER IN LAW
4. NATIVE PLACE : ORISSA
5. CADRE : INDIAN POLICE SERVICE,1975(R.R) ANDHRA PRADESH CADRE6. POSTS HELD : A.S.P. Proddutur, Rajahmundry Addl. Commandant, Apsp Superintendent Of Police, W.G. District Dy. Commissioner Of Police, Law And Order, North Zone, East Zone, And West Zone, Hyderabad City. Superintendent Of Police, Visakhapatnam (Urban) Commissioner Of Police, Visakhapatnam Dy. Inspector General Of Police, Karimnagar Range Dy. Director, Aviation Research Centre, Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi. Inspector General Of Police, Law And Order, Rayalaseema Region. Commissioner, Prohibition And Excise Director, A.P. Police Academy, Hyderabad. Director General, Anti Corruption Bureau Director General, Vigilance And Enforcement Commissioner Of Police, Hyderabad City Director General, Law And Order Director General, Octopus Chairman, Road Safety Authority Director General Of Police.
7. A Sainik School, Bhubaneswar alumnus, graduated with honours in Economics from Ravenshaw college, Cuttak, Orissa in 1970. Completed post graduation in Applied Economics and awarded gold medal for standing first class in the university examination in 1972. Briefly taught Economics in Regional college of Education (NCERT) and worked as a probationary officer in Bank of India.Joined Indian Police Service in 1975 and allotted to Andhra Pradesh cadre. Held important and responsible position dealing with law and order, faction, police training, enforcement of Prohibition, vigilance and anti corruption activities etc. Conceived and formed urban anti terrorist outfit called organization for counter terrorist operations (OCTOPUS). Also authored community policing scheme called 'MAITHRI' for Andhra Pradesh police. Was selected as Director General of Police by the Election Commission of India on the eve of crucial 2009 General Elections. Retired from service as Chairman, Road Safety Authority.